Koolaidreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 92.3%
48   4   0
My corals seem to grow very slow in my opinion. i dont do many water changes because the parents hate buying 10-15 bottles of drinking water so I can do a water change and top offs lol. Anyway, I do 2 gallons a week. Is this sufficient. I have all lps sofiteis and 2 sps only. Thanks

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
My corals seem to grow very slow in my opinion. i dont do many water changes because the parents hate buying 10-15 bottles of drinking water so I can do a water change and top offs lol. Anyway, I do 2 gallons a week. Is this sufficient. I have all lps sofiteis and 2 sps only. Thanks

How are your cal alk and mag parameters looking like? I haven't done a water since for the past 2 weeks just cause I been busy with work but. I recommend you do water changes for your set up in order for your corals to grow. Btw why don't you have a rodi system? Do you pay for water?

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Food wonderful food!

Koolaidreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 92.3%
48   4   0
Ex

How are your cal alk and mag parameters looking like? I haven't done a water since for the past 2 weeks just cause I been busy with work but. I recommend you do water changes for your set up in order for your corals to grow. Btw why don't you have a rodi system? Do you pay for water?

An rodi unit is a lot and when it parents only like looking a the tank and not putting too much money into it, I loose. I don't have test kits so those measures are known. 2 of my zoo frags melted 3 weeks ago. 1 won't open up and all others are fine.... Awk.

Koolaidreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 92.3%
48   4   0
I'm using coralife. I would love an rodi but the thee problem is parents don't want it hanging or anywhere in the house because I will create a mess.

Koolaidreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 92.3%
48   4   0
Should get a RO/DI unit. Yes it wastes alot of water but its still worth it. This way you just make your own water. You can pick up a decent one for about $180.

LFS are far; closest is a 40 min drive to ocean gallery. I tend to go once every moth and half to two unless I really need something. So the spring water is no good?

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
129 at Brs will get you RO. Not RODI if I'm not mistaken

Not true.

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/brs-4-stage-value-ro-di-system-75gpd.html

The difference between this and the plus version which is $170 is that the plus has a membrane flush kit, a pressure gauge, and a tds meter.

Both are 4 stage, sediment filter, carbon block, DI stage and RO membrane.

I started with the basic system and have since added the extra components.

So, yes for $129 you get a full RO/DI setup.

The larger 5 stage systems include a second carbon block, and the 6 stage include a second DI stage.

Last edited:

BuGG

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Or look for a used RODI in the marketplace. I found the Air Water Ice mini for $75. I've been using it for around 5 months now. It may be due for filter replacement which are around $30. Then it will be good again for a whole year. It's one of the must-haves in the hobby.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: