Ariel110G

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Do I have to get for my 110G a pair of Harlequin Shrimp or one will be good as well?
My tank is full with Asterina starfish, I had them for the past year but the past month they are just multiplying like crazy!!!! & they are definitely responsible for the loss of most of my coralline allege.

I got one yesterday from the new store in Brooklyn Diamonds of the Reef nice store, check it out!!!!

Juggernot55

Renegade Reefer
Rating - 100%
216   0   0
I have a 110T and had a trillion asterinas. Luckily someone on here blessed me with one harly and three weeks later i see a huge difference. Population has definetly dropped. Personally i would stay with one. While it might take a little longer, after that pair runs out of asterinas then your going have to feed them starfish or get rid of them. Just my $.02

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
You can either have the one harley get rid of them or purchase a 2nd one and have a pair. They are a very entertaining addition to a tank with the downside being having to buy them chcocolate chip starfish once they polish off your asterinas.

If you do decide to purchase a 2nd one, you MUST get one of the opposite sex or it will kill the other. Check the one you currently have by looking on it's belly for markings.
The male has no markings on his belly, while the female has blue markings.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: