KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
For the sb in the fuge do you have to use sugar fine sand or can I use the regular aragalive?

Sugar fine is not necessary. It also doesn;t need to be live sand. You can use regular aragonite sand and seed it with a small amount of sand from another members tank.
Are you planning a deep sand bed in there or just a typical fuge bed to grow macros?

SteveZ15

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
I was gonna do a deep just to see what is gonna grow in there,I already have the arag alive 40lb bag so I was gonna use the leftover for the fuge grain size .5 to 1.5. Just when you think you have everything you need more stuff.I cant wait to get water in this thing so Im trying to take my time and get everything I need.I should learn a lot from this tank.

iTzJu

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
you can use kitty litter clay for the first 3-4 inches and then top it off with your regular aragonite. you can pick up the bag from wal-mart for like $3. Special Kitty is what they call it. make sure you get the non-scented pure kitty litter clay.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: