• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Arati

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
they will stay in this tank until the light go out later.

then its into the jungle for them. they both are eating well already.

they came from Aqua Hut in Coram.

i keep looking at the SF expecting it to be a tinker butter fly.. but its really a tang haha

Arati

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
here is a top down of them next to a snail.

92F66E91.jpg

I also added a heater.

06F79830-orig-1.jpg

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
they will stay in this tank until the light go out later.

then its into the jungle for them. they both are eating well already.

they came from Aqua Hut in Coram.

i keep looking at the SF expecting it to be a tinker butter fly.. but its really a tang haha

I wonder if they have any more. I'll check it out. Thanks.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Nice fish Arati but what's up with that qt tank? Those fish are tiny so I don't think the size is an issue for swimming space (which I find to be a ridiculous rule anyway), but is there any biological filtration? IMHO the instability of a tiny tank is not best for these fish. Maybe you could get a piece of rock from your other tank in there?

Last edited:

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Oh my, they are adorable. You sure it will be safe for them in the "Jungle" tank?

My old Hippo was the size of a nickel when I got him from LA. Within the 1st. year he was 3". When stupid Sandy came rolling through he was 5". He was about 3 years old. I miss him! Never got ich, survived the heater explosion that took out all the other fish.

Arati

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Update* Both tangs went into the DT about 2am.. yes I am nocturnal ..

As of now both are doing well and seem like they will be fine. they are practically still Plankton ..

My reef is mellow , and I guess they don't threaten the resident bristle tooth tang much. One thing about a DD tank , one a fish is in, its hard to get out.

Ill get a few pics later

Think ill go buy a black tip for my pico next..

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: