Tranquil201

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Hey everyone,

I bought the above skimmer a few weeks after Hurricane Sandy went through. I am having some odd issues I've been noticing. The skimmer sits in a constant water level chamber about 8 inches deep in water. The skimmer starts to produce good amount of skimate and then all the sudden the water level inside the skimmer drops like as if I turned the skimmer off. The pump isn't shutting down at least I do not think it is. It happened again tonight. Any ideas?? I'm assuming its a faulty pump. The air line is free of salt creep or any blockages. I just recently switched sumps and I know the pump itself is clean. Just wanted some ideas or if maybe someone with the same skimmer experienced this?

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
sometimes skimmer pumps draw too much air and get stuck or kinda 'glitch' every once in a while. happened on my asm from time to time when the water level droped a little low. try keeping the water level at 9 inches as suggested by the company, if it happens cover the holes for the air intake for a few seconds, or cover one of the holes up

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: