Status
Not open for further replies.

James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
The CT Frag Farmers Market on March 9th. Biggest coral sale in the Northeast and it is free to get in. It is a 3 hour trip to Storrs and I know that is not an easy trip for many of us to make. There is going to be a ton of frags for sale and this seems like the perfect time to have a trip. We could have a pickup in Manhattan and a stop to pick people up further up north for people who would be traveling the other way to get to Manhattan, that way you could go to whatever pickup is closer to you. We are thinking of chartering a bus if enough people would be interested so this thread is just to gauge interest. MR would donate part of the cost of the charter and the members who go would pick up the rest (the more people who go, the less it would cost), if anyone has any charter bus "hook-ups" please pm me.

So, if you are interested in a full day of frag hunting and geeking out, please post on this thread. :scratchch

Last edited:

James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
So this trip is Officially partially sponsored by Manhattan Reefs?

It is Officially (and fully) sponsored by Manhattan Reefs. The actual cost will be split between the site and our members.

To be clear, the trip is not a sure thing, if there is enough participation from members then it will be and I will post the information ASAP. The costs completely depend on how many people will go.

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Road Trip!!!!

the-short-bus.jpg

James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Is there a website with info for this market i would like to drive up there and look around my tank will be ready for corals by.then. If anyone wants to split gas and tolls i can take a few people in queens .

Here you go.

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/connecticut/139115-2013-frag-farmers-market-info-invite.html

I would post this in that thread, I am trying to keep this thread for people who want to get a bus, it will be confusing if people carpooling also use the same thread. :)

James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
The event is from 11-5. We do not have enough interest at this time to make a bus cost effective but if a lot more people want to do it we can make it happen. If we don't do the bus route we can also have a car pool thread. :) I know there are a few people going no matter what.

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
well we would b traveling by car. whats the full blown details?

will we have to pay to get it? do we have to bring coral/frags.?

so if not alot of people are going to attend that means it wont happen. do you no how manny people as of rite now are wanting to attend. ?

James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
The frag farmers market is going to be huge this year. it is 100% free to get into and there are over 40 people there setting up tanks to sell frags (including some big names like jason fox and the likes). You do not need to bring any coral. Our issue is it is 3 hours away. The full details as of this moment are that MR wants to sponsor a bus (pay a portion of it, have us members pick up the rest) to the CT frag farmers market but unless we have enough people willing to split the bus costs (it is not cheap to rent a bus for a day), it would be too expensive to get a bus that isn't full.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: