Reef Reaper

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
256   0   0
Dear fellow members,

Hope everyone is Ok from the blizzard!!!

I got a quick question. My ro/di flow has slowed down significantly. The sediment filter is probably getting dirty, but does anyone backflush their systems? I was wondering if it was worth getting a backflush kit. Thanks for the info and help!

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
The flush kit just allows a rinse either prior to or after you make water. If you are not constantly using your RODI ie. make water and store... Then you probably want to get a flush kit.

Chihuahua6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
My water production slowed down at least 40% since the weather got cold. I have it hooked up to the faucet instead of under the sink so I can control the temperature that goes into the unit. After figuring out that it might be due to the cold water I adjusted the water going in to approx 75 degrees. Now it produces much faster.

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
Well your cartridges can have a huge effect on your output. The thing to look at is the pressure that is going through the system.

The pressure on my unit had dropped to about 25 lbs. I replaced the membrane and nothing. My sediment cartridges were changed and nothing. Finally I changed my Carbon cartridge and HOLY COW! Pressure shot up to 65 lbs..

So your cartridges may have a big effect. Yes the cold water does also, but make sure that the system is running correctly.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: