Rating - 100%
6   0   0
2wBFSvr.jpg

Any idea whats going on? or how I can save them. Had them 2 week been closed for 2 days and not looking great.

peteyboyny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Zoas close sometimes. Just keep an eye on them. 2 days isn't that long. I've heard they close sometimes for a week. Could there be something iritating them? I myself wouldn't add anything without testing first. What are your water parameters at?

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Can you tell us more about your tank..how long has it been up, what is your lighting, flow, parameters?

Had you changed anything in the tank just prior to them closing? A water change, anything new added, corals, chemicals, a water change..anything?

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Can you tell us more about your tank..how long has it been up, what is your lighting, flow, parameters?

Had you changed anything in the tank just prior to them closing? A water change, anything new added, corals, chemicals, a water change..anything?

Take been running for 6 year. moved from a 12 gallon to a 24 about 6 months ago.

ALk 9
ph 8.4
cal 320
nitrates 5ppm

Thats all I test for and do a 20% water change 1 time a month(doing it today) and have a baseball size cheato running in my tank. 2 clown fish and just got a mandarin. Just moved some of my rock work then they were open for a day then closed the day after and have not reopened. 3 heads but can only see the one closed one now.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Take been running for 6 year. moved from a 12 gallon to a 24 about 6 months ago.

ALk 9
ph 8.4
cal 320
nitrates 5ppm

Thats all I test for and do a 20% water change 1 time a month(doing it today) and have a baseball size cheato running in my tank. 2 clown fish and just got a mandarin. Just moved some of my rock work then they were open for a day then closed the day after and have not reopened. 3 heads but can only see the one closed one now.

Likely due to moving the rockwork around. Are they oriented much differently than before you moved them..as in not at the same height level in the tank, or lighting or flow pattern?

Zoas can be incredibly tempermental when they are moved and will often pout for a few days. If they are on a frag plug sometimes it helps to hold it in front of a powerhead for a minute and then put them back where they were but I wouldn't try that until you give them a few more days to adjust to where they are placed now (you'd be starting the pouting period all over again..lol)

You might want to get that Ca up a little (not that the zoas care)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: