bigcapct

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I just ordered my 6 bulb ATI sun power fixture. And need some advice on how high to hang it over my 48x24x10 high tank? 12in high? I know I can always raise it up but looking for a good starting point. Don't wanna roast my zoas and other corals I'm growing

MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I loved that fixture. I had it for like 6 months.

I kept it like 6-8" inches in my 40g cube. Prices may vary, but if you have access to borrow a par meter just to set everything up once, i highly recommend that,

petraio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I have been running ATI t5 on my 120 gallon SPS tank for about 3 years now nad what i suggest is to have corals acclimate to it ! with lighting periods of 6 hour a day you will bleach any coral with ATI what type of lighting are you using now ?? I went from 3 x250watts metal halide to t5 ati fixture and bulb and was shocking them so cut down the day light period until got used they got used to it ! so acclimate no matter how high you set the fixture good luck

bigcapct

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Thank everyone. I have 2 other tanks 1. 6 bulb tek t5 and 1 has a 2ft 4 bulb I usually give Em like 4-5 hrs max with all bulbs on.but mostly just 2 Day bulbs run usually from like 530-9ish. And the corals love it lol

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: