Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
We are just shy of one week since the Crisis at Pratt Reef and I have gotten over the sadness and shock. Today was the first day of the new chapter in the 7 yr. life of this system. With the aid of my buddies Tristan and Leo who have been in on the design of this system from the beginning, the additional helping hands of Taylor Jane and the patience of my family, Pratt Reef underwent a face lift of significant proportion.

The goal was to hack out all the dead coral, remove some of the rock to rid the system of pests-- encroaching mushrooms, aiptasia etc. and to create a more open feel to the aquascape. I also wanted to try to pay homage to history of this somewhat iconic reef and attempt to maintain the basic look and feel of the original design. To preserve its soul if you will.

While the coral placement is pretty haphazard, I think we largely accomplished these goals. There is more to be done for sure, but here it is the " new" Pratt Reef.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hkteLH95WcQ&feature=plcp

Last edited:

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Very happy to see the tank stable and ready for SPS stocking. TJ and Will are a great asset to your reef. This disaster was a great learning experience for them.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: