MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I'm not understanding the purpose of the magnet. So, I get an MR magnet for my car - ok cool I support the site, whatever. So how does that tie into you making friends? If I have one on my car are you going to follow me?

So the friends dont like you because you have a large tank? Im not following that line of thought.

Ariel110G

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
My friends like me, but they are not into SW Tanks at all. My wife thinks I?m crazy, but my kids love the tank. When I got rid of my 29G my son was crying.
I think if one of the LFS will sponsor the magnets that will be nice, & then on the bottom off one of the corners on the magnet they can have their logo with their phone #. If I had a store I would so do that, like with a $20 purchase get a MR magnet!!!
Come on!!! You guys are no fun!!!

Last edited:

DCG1286

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
181   0   0
So how does that tie into you making friends? If I have one on my car are you going to follow me?

PeepingTom.jpg

Rating - 100%
575   0   0
i think that the whole magnet making friends thing is for example u in ur neighborhood supermarket and u see a car with d magnet u know is a member that u didnt know existed around u and probably a person to trade with and hopefully a friend in d future. come on lots of us dont know each other until we trade sell or buy. mayb ur next best reefer buddy is around ur block and u dnt even know
my .02

MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
mayb ur next best reefer buddy is around ur block and u dnt even know
my .02

So then you want this magnet not only to show support for MR, you want this magnet to be a public invitation for people to talk to you? So I can not have this magnet on my car unless I openly welcome total random strangers to come up to me and converse?

Why not just come to the BK happy hour and other events James puts on? Why not buy/sell and get to know people that way - when they welcome you into their homes. There are so many ways to do it, this magnet deal just seems absolutely impractical and inane.

Rating - 100%
575   0   0
So I can not have this magnet on my car unless I openly welcome total random strangers to come up to me and converse?
is not that what u do when u sell and is a "pick up only"????

Why not just come to the BK happy hour and other events James puts on? Why not buy/sell and get to know people that way - when they welcome you into their homes. There are so many ways to do it, this magnet deal just seems absolutely impractical and inane.

by d way i was there how about u???? and if is so impractical and insane i guess u r not for it no big deal

Last edited by a moderator:

Ariel110G

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
i think that the whole magnet making friends thing is for example u in ur neighborhood supermarket and u see a car with d magnet u know is a member that u didnt know existed around u and probably a person to trade with and hopefully a friend in d future. come on lots of us dont know each other until we trade sell or buy. mayb ur next best reefer buddy is around ur block and u dnt even know
my .02

+1:happysad:

MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
is not that what u do when u sell and is a "pick up only"????

No... when you do that the seller posts on the forum and you reply, you talk about a place to meet and then you meet. He is not some random dude coming up to you just because he sees a magnet on your car. It's completely different. You are two people who have spoken previously and agreed upon a business transaction.

by d way i was there how about u???? and if is so impractical and insane i guess u r not for it no big deal

Oh? I don't really remember peoples MR forums names unless they are memorable. Sorry, bro.

Insane? I said 'Inane'. Look it up, its a different word completely.

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
The MR patch (as seen on my car to the left) is available at the front desk at the swap (~$10)... .I have it on 1 of my jackets, and is a great conversation starter, especially when I wear it to LFSs.
It is an 'iron on' patch, but can easily be placed on the side or back window of your vehicle.

Last edited:

strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
So then you want this magnet not only to show support for MR, you want this magnet to be a public invitation for people to talk to you? So I can not have this magnet on my car unless I openly welcome total random strangers to come up to me and converse?

We had both magnets and vinyl stickers for the Astronomy Forum I was a member and moderator on. I can tell you it was a great way to meet people you otherwise may not have known were in the hobby. If its not for you its VERY SIMPLE. Don't purchase one. Its not rocket science....

Ariel110G

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Again

So again this weekend I spotted another reef tank in my neighborhood,the window shades where open so just from driving slow on this block I noticed it, and my 6 year old son was in the car with me & he was like ?Dad look, a big tank? this time is was a big one and it looks like it was a custom 210 gallon,

I don?t think the tank owner is a member of MR, we got to do the MAGENT thing!!!! We will all benefit from having more local members.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: