Jlavine

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Hi everyone. I currently have a Current Nova Extreme Pro T5 over my 3 year old well running Biocube 29 (with the usual mods). I have great success maintaining and slowly growing zoas, shrooms, leathers and LPS, etc. I have a few SPS at the top of the tank, they are hanging in there but not growing nor as lively as I would expect (I assume mix of light and my parameters).

I would like to upgrade my lighting and I'm considering an LED fixture. My goal is for a change in the status quo as well as increased growth of my soft/LPS coral and better keeping of SPS.

Does anyone have recommendations on LED light units for my tank? Any personal experience? Has anyone used or heard of Nano-box (nano-box-reef.com)?

Thanks for your time!
Jeff

heylauren

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
My 40B build had a led pendant over it... It did its job but if I had to do it over I would've had both t5 and led. I've been doing a lot of research and it seems the most success is with mixed lighting setups.

My pendant was a reefkoi 120 watt model. Just bear in mind it was 3 years ago and led's have come a looong way since then.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: