cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
You know my opinion. Most use bridgelux led's and those that use cree sometimes you need to be careful and double check the bins but the parts for any mainly come from China anyways.

ClownAquatics

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 93.8%
45   3   0
Any specific fixture you're looking at? I would recommend reviewing the specific fixtures in detail and seeing what others think.

We run AI Sol Blues over our personal 75g and 180g tank respectively and love them. For the price they put out great light and work well.

Also it depends what kind of corals do you plan on keeping/application of the light.

al0ha

The Inked Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
i mean to say customization in colors and in being dimmable. i was referring to those ebay ones where theres just a simple on/off switch to white n blue leds

Last edited:

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
very capable but not much customization. it was actually too powerful for my lps when it was on full blast

Sorry double post.

The problem with the Chinese fixtures is the factories just know how to build leds/fixtures not how to make them for aquariums. You have to tell them how you want them which means not buying from amazon/ebay. I have been asked by a few companies to aid them in their design and for the most part they seem to really be listening.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: