Jarrett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
so i want to revamp my fish list, right now its pretty ordinary and plain, its a 75 gallon tank i have a lyretail anthias, yellow wrasse, bluethroat trigger, 2 black clowns, engineer goby, scooter blenny. i am getting rid of the bluethroat and the anthias. i want to replace them with some cool fish i cant do any wrasses beause my stupid yellow wrasse is a huge bully. its an sps reef i would love an angelfish but it doesent seem like any of them will be ok around sps atleast in my size tank any suggestions?

Jarrett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
I would love a tang but my tank is so packed with corals I wouldn't want to make them feel crammed. And as far as those angels I thought those are not reef safe and will nip at sps polyps

Ha! I found an old pic of my 75, my youngin days in the hobby lol

p4191031_441375.jpg

I would suggest NOT getting any damsels those were nooby mistakes, but that rabbitfish was the best fish I had, he lived from like 2007/8 to last year 06/12 when all my fish sadly died :'(

And those angels aren't 100% reef safe but overall mine were all good, of course if you decide to get one just keep an eye on it.

Funny thing is I recently got an eibli for my 210 and the first couple weeks he kept picking on my blue haddoni, literally eating it I think but then he stopped because he must have gotten used to all the food I feed.

You didn't have any issues with trigger and sps?

I have 4 different species of reef safe triggers in my tank and never had any issues with them and coral. I have a bluethroat, niger trigger, black durgeon or hawaiian trigger and a pinktail trigger. All good and healthy with the rest of my reef, only issue would be if you have ornamental shrimp but then again, I have hermit and snails and they don't seem to pick them at all. If anything I've seen my wrasses go after my clean up crew rather than the triggers.

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
if you really want to keep an Angel probably any from the Genicanthus family would be the safest..most grow from 7-10". Many of the larger Angels are safe with SPS, but may eat softies and LPS and I don't recommmend them anyway in a tank your size. The smaller dwarf species are hit or miss...

if you really want to keep an Angel probably any from the Genicanthus family would be the safest..most grow from 7-10". Many of the larger Angels are safe with SPS, but may eat softies and LPS and I don't recommmend them anyway in a tank your size. The smaller dwarf species are hit or miss...

Oh I forgot about those types of angels. That would be anything like swallowtails, lamarck, wattanabe, bellus and zebras, etc. correct? Those would indeed be the safest.

Sent from T-mobile Samsung Galaxy Blaze 4G using Reefs (and my fingers)

Last edited:

Jarrett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
na the bluethroat is completely safe in my opinion. for whatever reason tho mine changed from a male to female so i lost those nice colors in the fins, plus my friend rob is getting my trigger so i need to replace it with something cool

Supposedly potters aren't the best at eating, that's what I've heard though. From my experience, I had one and it ate very well and never picked on anything. Some type of hawkfish is also a nice suggestion, I was just looking at one called a swallowtail hawkfish, has a really nice red color. And I'm not sure if this is what Pat is referring to, but fathead or sunburst anthias also have an awesome color.

P.S.: Sorry if I'm so on top of this thread but I'm bored at work lol

Last edited:

arthurk0722

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Everywhere online it says that angels should be kept with caution in a reef aquarium. However i was told that angels will knipp at corals if they think that there is food/ leftovers on them. Not sure as to how true that is.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: