jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I have the 30 and 60 deep blue cubes. The overflow adjustment screws are a PITA. The slashing water sound as it overflows onto the screws is annoying. For now I have a couple small aquaclear sponges over the screws to quiet the sound. I am curious what others are doing???

Zuska

Cherry Collector
Rating - 99.5%
430   2   0
haha what others are doing, i sold my 57 rimless because i got tired of it. the over flow was huge and i hated every day of it.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Why dont you raise your durso pipe?

Is this what you did? I could make a longer durso pipe but I'm not sure how that would work? The screws are even with the water level inside the tank. Currently the overflow water level is 2 1/2" lower. I used the kit plumbing that came with the tank.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
haha what others are doing, i sold my 57 rimless because i got tired of it. the over flow was huge and i hated every day of it.

Yea I originally wanted a 57 but when I saw that overflow I got the 60 instead. Did you have a splashing sound from the screws in the 57?

mbg75

DIATOM MAGNET
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I have a 75 rimless. The waterfall noise I had was due to the drop in water.
I bought the adjustable durso. It's the mega overflow kit. Water now runs right at the grates above the screws. And the stock cover still fits. Dead silent!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363461251.321721.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: