JRLBRENNAN

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just added a powder blue to my tank I already have a hippo and yellow tang no prob with hippo yellow beating him up all night and still aggressive today any suggestions or tricks would be a great help

Vigilente

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
separate the aggressors in something that you can keep in the tank for a day or so then release back into the tank. hopefully they become more accepting of the new addition. you dont want to stress your powder blue out.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Usually your not supposed to add a tang with the same body shape as the other tang in your system especially with a tank 125 gallons or less but if you must try get a mirror and put it on the glass. The hippo should pay attention to whats swimming in the mirror then the powder blue in the tank. Give it a try :)

d5332

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.9%
94   3   0
hmmmmm

Only the size of your tank will determine if they back off.

I usually place several rocks with seaweed sheets in different parts of the tank daily for a week or two, brakes their concentration on the new arrival I think.

Ariel110G

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I had the same situation as you, I think the powder blue will take over and be the boss of the tank. 2 weeks ago I gave my hippo for free to a MR member because he was just too big for my tank & still the powder blue is the boss, now I?mthinking of getting rid of the yellow tang, because I think he is just not happy & as a result of that he is not that healthy due to stress.

ijvasquetelles

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
yea what size is it cause i have like 13 to 14 tangs in my tank all sizes i have 2 yellow and i powder blue they do go at it my red sea sailfin go at it for about three days but now there fine

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: