tomjof

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
On ebay there are these fixtures that they have for sale. They are 120 watts, wattage: 120W with 2 separate internal power driver
The rated power of our chip is 3W, but actual using power is 2W
Working Voltage: AC 100V-265V
Working current: 630mA
Lumens: 3850 LM
Wavelength nm: Blue 460nm, White 14000K CRI > 85
Power Factor: > .95
Emitting Color: white/blue
3 modes: A. Blue on, White off; 60W
B. Blue off, White on; 60W
C. Blue on, White on: 120W
optics: 120 degree
Life Hours: 5 years more
LED Count: 30*3W BlueLED, 25*3W White LED (Bridgelux or Cree chip)
Dimmer Switch: 2 from 1 0-100% light
Power Switch: 2
Lamp Body Material: Iron+black paint, optic glass cover on the top to prevent the wet
Size: 16*8.5*2 inch
Net Weight: 8 lb
Package Include: 1 Aquarium Coral Reef Tank White Blue LED Grow Light 120W
2 pcs Power Cord
1 Hook
Certification: CE, FCC, RoHS

I was just thinking, is one of them enough for a 46 gallon tank

tomjof

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
The tank has been setup for almost a year the reason im getting lights is because my light fixture broke. They were t5s. I have a hammer coral, frogspawn, mushroom, xenia, favia, open brain coral, tree coral, leather coral, zoas, gsp, trumpet coral, and a blasto. Might do some sps, but mostly lps.

d5332

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.9%
94   3   0
#1 all of what you listed does fine with T5, if the light broke most likely it can be fixed by contacting the seller and or manufacturer, troubleshooting and ordering the part, it would be cheaper than a new light.

#2 If you are in a spending mood, look into Evergrow D120 led fixtures, turned out to be very good and very affordable. As for how many you would need for a 46 I will leave that research up to you. It all comes down to personal preference mixed with what you intend to keep. You have to decide what lenses, if you want dark spots, etc etc, etvc

#3 Dont just throw sps frags into your tank without understanding lighting requirements, water flow requirements, water parameters requirements, you will most likely simply lose your money, each and every frag will die and you will wonder why. SLS is not LPS and def nothing like softies.

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
I bought one evergrow d120. Do you think that will be enough for a 46 bow front. I thinking of the center brace.

I got one thred on " DIY" " LED Bracket Holder" , also i cut off the center brace, i make new one plexiglass clear, tank is 36 gal, light also e-bay i got from one member (270 w) i cut 50 % white. God Bless "Albano" the Moderator, he was incourage one member, than i give a try, I LOVE the light.

Last edited:

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
yes, is much easy to do less water, empty 1/2 from tank ( i mean more secure)
1. measure the length from Front (bow) to back side of the tank, let's say 14 1/2"
2. cut one pice of plexiglass , around 1 1/2 wide, 1/4" thick , shorten than 14 1/2, by 1/16 or 1/8 .
3. clamp both ends, w/ original brace, drill two holes, each side, front and back (if u got 1/4 "-20 tap, than use a drill # 5 , or .205 " drill, than tap the new brace and increase the Clearance on (original brace) for 1/4"-20 nylon screws (.250" or 1/4 " drill), if u got no tap (1/4 -20 ) than drill for 4 holes 1/4 ", use 4 1/4 -20 screws + 4 nuts, make sure u mark Front and back on the new plexiglass brace.
4. cut the original brace, put the 4 screws w/ the new brace on the place,tide up, than fill up.To bad u r on NJ, i will help u , i was machinist and tool and die maker, for me is easy.

Attachments

• CIMG3674.JPG
    CIMG3674.JPG
    157 KB · Views: 201
  • CIMG3675.JPG
    CIMG3675.JPG
    168.3 KB · Views: 200

deo glass

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
i have one of these 120w fixtures from ebay over my 29g... works great for all coral, including sps. you can easily fabricate them to include dif spectrum of light, and dimmable drivers. for the money, they are great fixtures.... As for your case, i would prob go with 2 of them if u plan on doing any sps... even lps i would prob do 2 fixtures, softies u can get away with 1......

tomjof

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
What is did was purchase two par 38 bulbs for the side. They have 12 leds each being 1.2 watts each: 4 - 10,000K white, 4 - 14,000K white, 4 - 453 nm Actinic Blue

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: