pjewett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I don't know what else to try here...my Apex Graphs page still doesn't load. No errors..just nothing.

Doesn't work on a Mac, Winxp or Win7 with the latest Flash. Tried Firefox & IE.

I've telneted into the module & deleted ALL logs and still nothing. For what it's worth I wasn't seeing those logs data in the "Data Log's" screen in my browser anyway. Since I've done this I'm still not seeing graphs nor anything in my "Data Logs" menu.

What gives? This has gotten very frustrating.

I'm running 4.2..the latest firmware.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

pjewett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Random guesses... Updated web pages after firmware upgrade? Space available on the controller?

Yes & yes. Especially after deleting ALL the logs in the dir..there must be.

Never got any error messages in the firmware or web page upgrades but is there a quick way I can check somewhere to be sure that all actually went well?

Thanks for the response

Last edited:

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Yes & yes. Especially after deleting ALL the logs in the dir..there must be.

Never got any error messages in the firmware or web page upgrades but is there a quick way I can check somewhere to be sure that all actually went well?

Thanks for the response

Not that I'm aware of outside of the usual "Successfully Updated" message from the Apex Flash Utility.

I'm running 4.20_1B13 if that helps any.

pjewett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Not that I'm aware of outside of the usual "Successfully Updated" message from the Apex Flash Utility.

I'm running 4.20_1B13 if that helps any.

Yup and I got that. Unsure how to check what my specific build is..though my APEX droid app says 4.20L_CA12

Just telneted in again and can see that new logs have been written today since I wiped them all out last night but still not getting anything on either the graphing page or the data logs page. And free space=1110912...bytes I assume.

Last edited:

pjewett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Perhaps look into running 1B13? It's the latest that's downloadable from Neptune.

I believe the data logs are Javascript, and no longer Flash based. Check if JS is enabled and working for your browser.

http://javatester.org/javascript.html

Yep I was just looking at that. Will probably try that tonight and see where it gets me. Yep, JS installed and running.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
You're welcome. Never seen this issue before... please keep us posted on what fixes it. Thanks!

Oh, I'm sure you know already, but just in case - backup your current config. Don't want the update process eating your existing config.

Last edited:

pjewett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
You're welcome. Never seen this issue before... please keep us posted on what fixes it. Thanks!

Oh, I'm sure you know already, but just in case - backup your current config. Don't want the update process eating your existing config.

Really? I've run into it on RC and here a few times but I guess that doesn't mean it's happening a lot. Isn't going to help my situation if I'm the only one or one of few!

Oh yes I backup my config everytime I make a change.

Will definitely post the results back here.

Thanks again!

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Really? I've run into it on RC and here a few times but I guess that doesn't mean it's happening a lot. Isn't going to help my situation if I'm the only one or one of few!

Oh yes I backup my config everytime I make a change.

Will definitely post the results back here.

Thanks again!

Yep, I Googled the symptoms you're experiencing after reading your post. RC showed a few people with this issue. However, it appears deleting the logs fixed it for them.

If I had to wager a bet, I'll put my money on the webpage update. But FWIW, I suck at gambling :(

pjewett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
ugh..well just upgraded to the newest firmware and did update webpages. everything came up installed successfully.

still no graphs...still nothing appearing when i try to view logs on the Data logs page.

other than powering this thing off is there some other reboot process i don't know about.

this blows.

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
ugh..well just upgraded to the newest firmware and did update webpages. everything came up installed successfully.

still no graphs...still nothing appearing when i try to view logs on the Data logs page.

other than powering this thing off is there some other reboot process i don't know about.

this blows.

Hrm... it just comes up blank? Has the data log screen ever worked since you had the Apex? You can reboot from telnet, but that's same as pulling the power. How complex is your programming? Perhaps its time to drop Neptune a support ticket. :/

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Just thought of something... since you've updated to the latest firmware, we should be on the same version (4.20_1B13). Can you telnet to the Apex and get a directory listing, lets compare 2 file sizes/file dates:

4868 02/22/13 12:44 graph.sht
302 02/22/13 12:44 datalog.sht

Last thing is, are you on Windows platform? If you are, try re-flashing the firmware. But this time do it in safe mode.

** Scratch the file date, just realized the file date corresponds to the last time the controller was rebooted; for me that would be 02/22/13.

Last edited:

pjewett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Hrm... it just comes up blank? Has the data log screen ever worked since you had the Apex? You can reboot from telnet, but that's same as pulling the power. How complex is your programming? Perhaps its time to drop Neptune a support ticket. :/

Hey I decided to start a ticket with Neptune Sys...just waiting to hear back again. Someone there is going to remote in and have a look. I'm not sure this thing is even generating logs to be seen at this point but I'm alone with my baby daughter tonight so I'll be occupied while Mom is out with the girls!

Anyway I'll post back when I hear back from Neptune.

Thanks!

pjewett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Well my problems appears to be solved but not sure how informative the explanation is.

From Neptune (who for the 2nd time was very responsive via their support email address)

"The issue was the the controller data log was set to "-6 " minutes. I'm not sure how this would affect your data logging, but not in a good way. I switch it to 10 minutes and it started logging correctly. It may not start graphing until 23 hours and 54 minutes, it may start graphing in 20 minutes. Regardless, I would try to restart the controller."

I definitely never touched that setting. Anyway...logs are writing again and Graphs are working!

Thanks again Widdy for the help!

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Very odd. We both were working under the assumption that default setting (10mins) was in place. Good to know for future reference, and glad it's working for you!

Anytime, PJ... I enjoy troubleshooting controllers :p

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: