devoinbk

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Same exact issue but mine split, I am new to the hobby and yes I do know (from reading the forum) that I shouldn't have put an anemone in so soon, but I did. I have a 4 clowns fighting over hosting the things. My two guys come out during the daytime cycle of the LED lights (GEMIS 120R) two fixtures over a 120 gal tank, but the disappear into the rock totally at night occasionally coming out then going back in. They haven't eaten (tried pieces of silverside) as of yet. Good color and form. Parameters are good, phosphates a little high 1.0. Temp a steady 77.5

RARECLOWNSNJ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Any pics of the anemones.

Are they slightly smaller or completely shrunk down and their mouths exposed.

Anemones cant get stung really by sps, but some lps sweepers and leathers are strong enough.

If the nems have shrunk down and showing their stomach something is wrong. If they are slightly smaller its a process of expelling small amounts over times to keep themselves clean inside. Each night when they lights are off they should do that.

When they completely shrink down something is wrong and they are expelling everything.

devoinbk

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
One of the anemones is smaller then the other. It seems that the original or at least the one that stayed in the original spot is smaller. Also he has disappeared into the rock totally and I haven't seen him now for a second day. The second anemone is twice his size buy is not as compact, I wouldn't say stringy but he is spread out a bit. I fed him yesterday (half a silverside) and he ate. His mouth is visible but not protruding.

RARECLOWNSNJ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Small meaty foods. Anemones rarely catch whole fish.

If they do they dont totally digest them and regurgitate. For smaller nems it can cause damage.

Take some pics its more helpful to see. i never looked in the first post but what kinda are they

Rating - 95.9%
70   3   0
I never feed mine just oyster and roti feast in the tank. Like others have said a picture will help a lot but if I had to guess, it is probably splitting. I have found over the years that RBTA do this in captivity more than any other I have had.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: