2004turbo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have a roughly 200G DT (60x36x24) with a 40 breeder sump, 20G fuge, and a small frag tank. DT has around 150lbs of LR along with a few lbs of rubble in the fuge. I have a Alpha 200 skimmer that is off line as I can't get it to produce a head, I dont think I have enough waste yet. Anyway I'm looking to add some more fish and wanted some input.

This is what I have:
1 - Yellow Tang
1 - Tomini Tang
1 - 1 spot foxface
1 - Black & White chromis
3 - zebra barred dartfish
1 - 6 line wrasse
1 - Clown, either a true percc or a Occelaris
1 - yellow candy hogfish
1 - yellow fish, forget the name.

I was looking at this list of fish I liked and this is what I came up with.
chalk bass
firefish
yellow tail damsel
barlettes anthias
fiji blue devil damsel
orchid dottyback
some kind of wrasse

I'm also looking to add another large fish or 2, any suggestions?

Last edited:

bertyboy69

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I would personally try for a large angelfish , many beautiful diffrrent variations i know they are not 100% reef safe so idk if your willing to take a small change with one , i have a flameangel in my 20 long and i love him and hes been a model citizen since day 1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Reefs

2004turbo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Yea I would rather now have anything thats iffy. When I first put the fox face in the tomini and the yellow tang ganged up on him. Took about a month for them to stop. I tried to take them out and I couldn't catch them. So in short I don't want to force myself into that position if I can help it. Angels really are nice though, as are most of the non reef safe guys.

bertyboy69

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I dont blame you it can be a pain , then i would say another big tank would be good my personal favorites are the powderblue and the sailfin tang , most people go with the blue hippo which are very nice but i feel like everyones got one id rather a little more unique of a stock list , check out divers den see if you can find a nice more rare fish to be the gem of the tank

2004turbo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Yea that's where I got the above list from. But I also know you're not supposed to mix the different types of Tangs. Aside from that, does everything else seem to be fine? Added 2 more fish I forgot I had.

bertyboy69

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
The bartletts anthias is a beautiful fish , i mean it seems okay to me without having done to much research on it , im more of a dreamer when it comes to big fish i dontbhave the money for a large reef, my suggestion is tho definetly make a diy fish trap just incase one of them is a problem because its impossible to net some of the fish i know personally the 6 line is imposible to net i had one in my tank

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: