tonyyammine

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I havent been on here for a while so i really dont know what changes,if any were made. For some reason there is a lot of sellers posting items or fish for sale with no pictures. I at one time posted a free frag thread with no pictures, but i was giving stuff away for free. I hope you all can agree but if your going to sell something here you should at least post a picture. I went to the for sale threads today and after the fourth straight for sale thread with no pictures it got annyoing. All i see is pm me for pics. Anyway like i said hope the mods take this into consideration. Thank you.:fish:

SteveZ15

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
It can be annoying, but I think a lot of it has to do with people not being able to upload pics from their phones,so text for pix is pro the easiest way for the seller to show items to potential buyers..

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
if its a MP10 do you really need a picture.. ? im pretty sure you need detail.. lol

pictures are good but you dont need pictures for every little single thing.

MikeC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
if its a MP10 do you really need a picture.. ? im pretty sure you need detail.. lol

pictures are good but you dont need pictures for every little single thing.
Yes I do need pics because if they say it was well taken care of but then show a pic of the mp10 with coralin all over it then it tells me something about the seller.
It tells me he/she didn't care enough to soak it in viniger over night to clean it up and well if that's what he calls "well taken care of" then I may choose to not wast my time ;)

Pics,pics,pics if not it gives some the impression someone's trying to hide something IMOP ;)

FMF0331

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
199   0   0
yes i do need pics because if they say it was well taken care of but then show a pic of the mp10 with coralin all over it then it tells me something about the seller.
It tells me he/she didn't care enough to soak it in viniger over night to clean it up and well if that's what he calls "well taken care of" then i may choose to not wast my time ;)

pics,pics,pics if not it gives some the impression someone's trying to hide something imop ;)

well spoken .

tonyyammine

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Yes I do need pics because if they say it was well taken care of but then show a pic of the mp10 with coralin all over it then it tells me something about the seller.
It tells me he/she didn't care enough to soak it in viniger over night to clean it up and well if that's what he calls "well taken care of" then I may choose to not wast my time ;)

Pics,pics,pics if not it gives some the impression someone's trying to hide something IMOP ;)

And this is my point. Thanku mike

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
My problem is its a PITA to get a pic up on this site. It's actually easier for me to email a pic to my phone then post the pic on mr via the reefs app. That's annoying when I took the photo from my dslr.

I agree pics help sell an item and help a buyer see what they are getting. I wish it was as easy to post a picture on my comp as it is on my app. Posting an iPhone pic that doesn't really show what a frag looks like sucks.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
I havent been on here for a while so i really dont know what changes,if any were made. For some reason there is a lot of sellers posting items or fish for sale with no pictures. I at one time posted a free frag thread with no pictures, but i was giving stuff away for free. I hope you all can agree but if your going to sell something here you should at least post a picture. I went to the for sale threads today and after the fourth straight for sale thread with no pictures it got annyoing. All i see is pm me for pics. Anyway like i said hope the mods take this into consideration. Thank you.:fish:

The posting of pics in the For Sale Forum is up to the seller. As mentioned many people post from their phones or other devices and cannot upload pictures.
The Mods - who have full time jobs, families and do this on a volunteer basis, cannot police every For Sale thread on this site looking to see if someone posted pics. It has always been suggested that pictures do help sell an item quicker than no pics. Many members do post them and many post pics if requested and others offer to text them. It is up to any buyer to decide if they care to purchase something sight unseen.

Jarrett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Problem is the uploading on MR blows. I have pics of everything I try to sell but mr always gives me an issue when I go to upload em so I don't even bother. This is the reason I hardly sell corals on here anymore or anything for that matter

tonyyammine

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I haven't done anything here for like almost 4 years but every time I posted through my Mac book I never had a problem. When I try to post stuff on other websites with my iPad I have problems with quality and use so I'm guessing there problems like that on here too. All I know is that when I go on any website to buy something I only look at items that have a good description and a few nice pictures. I like to get some type of an idea of what I'm buying, regardless if I know what item looks like. I Usually skip anything that doesn't have a picture.

dnreef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I don't get the lack of pics. I bought a few things here and there and I always post pics when I offer something for sale. As an FYI for seller, if there isn't a pic I don't bother to ask. I just move on. I would venture to guess I'm not the only one.

As for difficulty with posting pics, maybe this might help some. It took me many a failed attempt before I figured out that my file size was too big to uploaded onto MR's site. There is a size limitation on this site that can easily be addressed by editing you picture on a program like Microsoft's Office picture manager. Just resize and compress and presto, easy upload onto this site.

HTH

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: