cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
So I am moving into a place for the next six months and want to setup a tank. I have two options:

A) CustomKing AIO (17x17x14) w/ HOB (w/ built in skimmer)
B) Oceanic 30rr (20x20x20) w/ CustomKing sump (AquaC Remora skimmer)

Given that I (most likely) will only be there six months before moving again I am thinking the AIO might be better but that the Oceanic might be easier because it has the sump.

Some other questions I have are I don't have lighting for either and also don't have an ATO which I will need because I tend to travel on the weekends.

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Here is a pic of the AIO:

bw4d.jpg

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I have all the stuff for both besides light and ATO. I don't know how I would ato the AIO since the water level needs to be pretty high. Also I am not supposed to have a tank (shhh) so I feel like the 30rr would be more fail safe but its much bigger to sneak in and hide.

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Since its only 6 months its not a big difference. I have AIO 18x18x12 for frags. Water evaporated quickly. But you said you going to add ATO. To me if your AIO is big enough for your stock go with that. If you have a bigger stock of fish or coral. Go to 30 gal. Either way its what you prefer how it looks and how much you put in it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: