Dbrel

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
My Lfs has a beautiful fluorescent yellow tube. I thinking about adding it to my main display ( 150 gallons) It's look awesome and priced right. How do these anemone's do in reef tanks. Thanks for your input.

Dbrel

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have to say medium sized bout 8" tentacle 6" wide . To they do well in reef tanks or are one those things that look nice for couple months and die

Dbrel

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Here it is

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 164

RARECLOWNSNJ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
If you have the room they can thrive but they are do eat like other anemones. So you can lose fish or have fish get stung like any other anemones. I have heard more war stories about haddoni, or gigantea carpets eating fish but i have seen and heard of tube anemones leaving nasty stings on fish and corals.

Here is a good article from advanced aquariust, it dispells the rumors of them being voracious eaters but it is possible.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2004/6/inverts

ssminnow81

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 95.7%
67   3   0
I had a few that I transferred from my old tank but from fine sand to corse sand in my new tank. They weren't happy and came out of there tubes and float around the tank. Never seen one bother a fish but will kill other coral. Also have to be fed a few times per week

felix tesler

Experienced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
attachment.php
this one is mine i love it they need room so they dont sting other corals they also like fine sand they do not bother fish clowns will not host it but you have to feed it twice a week or so i usually feed it at the same time as iam feeding my fish

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: