Cibo

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have a mag 900 pump, I feel that the mags make a lot of noise, after haveing mine for several year it has gotten louder by the day, I am looking for a low noise pump around the same flow rate but the spot it needs to be in my sump is small so it has to be on the small size. can anyone let me know what pump I should look into getting.

Mods please dont move this I want to talk abou twhat pump to buy!

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
I got this pump for 3-4 years, i Love it.
Pro
I never got clogged. Super big strainer (i think double)
Run Cool.
Burn just 75 W (1500 Gal.)
Super Quiet.
Lots of flow.
Easy Install
Run Dry and Wet.
Cons
Big on size (but she got super big strainer, i got 1/4" Cardinal on sump, not sure how he end up there, so he never got suck, mean the intake is not so aggressive, because strainer design.)
Pump:

"SuperQuiet pumps: So powerful, yet so quiet ! The latest pump-making technology makes these all possible. AquaVim's SuperQuiet series of pumps dare to challenge any pump currently on the market for its quietness of operation. It runs like a gentle, cool summer breeze but produces exceptional flow capacity. Because of precision tooling technology and special shaft materials it uses, it consumes lower energy and generate less heat than most other pumps on the market. Designed to be used either as a submersible sump pump or as an external sump pump. 1" outlet on all its models from 1000gph to 2600ghp. Ideal for use as an upgrade pump in Aqua Vim Eco-smart sump combo for aquarium of 100 gallons or larger."

Attachments

• sump f9.jpg
    sump f9.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:

FastUno

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I second the Ehiem 1262. All depending on how your sump is setup, you can raise it so that it is suspended off the sump, hanging off a hook above.

-Place hook within & above the bottom inside of your tank.

-Cover the hook with rubber bands.

-Make a loop on your Ehiem electrical cord & tie the loop with rubber bands or a tie wrap preferably.

-You may have to play with the location of the loop on the electrical cord, so you get it to the sweet spot where it dangles in your sump & is raised low enough not to lose contact with water.

-You will have a virtually silent tank, since the pump itself is pretty quiet on it's own.

-This will also lower the distance of the return line & increase your return.

I used this method on a AGA RR 90G with a 30G sump. Worked like a charm!

Cibo

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Can you post a photo of that???

I second the Ehiem 1262. All depending on how your sump is setup, you can raise it so that it is suspended off the sump, hanging off a hook above.

-Place hook within & above the bottom inside of your tank.

-Cover the hook with rubber bands.

-Make a loop on your Ehiem electrical cord & tie the loop with rubber bands or a tie wrap preferably.

-You may have to play with the location of the loop on the electrical cord, so you get it to the sweet spot where it dangles in your sump & is raised low enough not to lose contact with water.

-You will have a virtually silent tank, since the pump itself is pretty quiet on it's own.

-This will also lower the distance of the return line & increase your return.

I used this method on a AGA RR 90G with a 30G sump. Worked like a charm!

Spsnut

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Haven't fully researched the DC pumps, but if they are all what they are suppose to be, it would be hard finding better. I am done with Ehiem! My new Eheim j?ger heater sucks; my Eheim feeder crapped out because the cam switch corroded when stored. I'll give another company my money!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: