duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
This past weekend i had a graduation party for my daughter graduating into middle school and we had over 60 people here that included around 6 year old and under kids who all love my tank. Well i was outside most of the day not paying attention because i was the DJ ( That being me on the computer downloading songs from youtube lol) and the kids were all over. Well yesterday i checked my parameters and my ALK was through the roof over 15. I was like WTF so i checked out my calcium reactor and saw that my flow knob was almost closed with a little drips of water coming out. My reactor is set for the flow to be high coming out. So im guessing one of the kids opened the door to my fish tank room and decided to play with the knob :( Now it a waiting game to see if anything starts to RTN or STN. Keeping my fingers crossed

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Ugh! I have a magnetic lock on my stand. With the baby and my 2 part, i wanted to make sure everything was safe.

Do you have a controller yet? Would you have seen a ph spike or anything? Need to get you setup to monitor that thing!!

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
I see what happened. The ph was was dropping. It was going on and off but the alk coming out was real high so when it came back on it was dumping a high amount of alk effluent still lowering my PH to shut it off but was still dumping a load of alk into the tank. So it would turn on when the effluent got above good range in my cup but when it turned on a alot of alk was entered in a short period of time. I noticed the PH was normal because when i was testing the selenoid prob just shut off when i was testing the water. Everythiong is back to normal. I need to redo the set point on my probe so that dont happen again

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: