aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Hey i'm looking for a licensed sparky (electrician) Is there anyone on the board?
I have a whole lot of things that need fixing around the house including installing GFCI outlets for the tank and replacing a number of broken outlets.
My landlord who lives upstairs also has some work that needs doing.
Anyone out there that can help me out?

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
You dont need to be licenced to install GFCI or any outlets. Installing new locations require it... What is the other stuff that needs to be done ?

Kasei

aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I have a problem with some stray voltage in the ceiling of the apartment, and my landlord wants all the work done in the apartment by a licensed electrician. I dont mind as its not my money.
I may also get a ceiling fan installed.
I spoke to Fry and he isnt licensed, anyone have any suggestions? or know of someone they can reccomend?

sporty

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
For license you might to check your local yellow pages under electrical contractors.
As for work you could get someone thats reliable and does good work ...doesn't necesarily need to be license even if it needs to be inspected ...because you could do your own work if your the landlord.If its metered work where con ed is involved you definetly need a license contracter as they will not come.

Last edited:

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Not true. Any new or re-installed electrical (New work) MUST be inspected by a licenced electrician. If you do not it will void your homeowners insurance and you can also be held legally liable for any and all damages and criminaly liable if anyone is injured due to faulty uninspected wiring...

The State of NY doesn't care if you own the house or not. That is why you get work permits :)

Kasei

sporty

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Yeah your right any new work should be inspected and passed by an electrical inspector.I just did a job as a favor for some one where the landlord obtained all the permits submitted the paper work that work was completed and call the inspector to verify that the work has been done according to code and all under the rule that landlord could do own work.

aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Basicly I dont want to do the work, I tried to install the GFCI and couldnt get it to test correctly. Our house is old and falling down so there are any number of things that could be wrong with the wiring, and i would feel a lot more confident if i knew someone had installed it that knew what they were doing.
Basicly i figure its the land lords problem, I was just hoping to help them out by finding an electrician and thought there might be someone on the board who could do it.

aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Kasei, i might come by tonight and pick up that pump, but then again ai might be too lazy to go out again in the heat.
I'll call before I come over

FRY

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
most of all your home electrical repair is not file for, as far as the house being if the wireing is that old 99% of the time the landloard wont spent the money to correct it ,

FRY

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
[Yeah your right any new work should be inspected and passed by an electrical inspector.I just did a job as a favor for some one where the landlord obtained all the permits submitted the paper work that work was completed and call the inspector to verify that the work has been done according to code and all under the rule that landlord could do own work.]

sporty as far as the landlord doing the work it not aloud he must have a license or work for a electrical contractor and the contractor will file for the permit thats a new york city rule.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: