jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Welcome, New Member, to Manhattan Reefs!

We like to refer to ourselves as the best reefing community around.
If you stick around, I know you will soon agree that this is a special place. One thing you will notice right away is that we don't take ourselves too seriously -- at least not all the time! Our core membership is made up of people from the New york City tri-state area. We often get together for site-sponsored events, and through these events, many of us have become good friends. This lends a sense of familiarity and community to our site, since more often than not, you actually know the person you are communicating with.
When it comes down to it, we are basically one big dysfunctional reefing family that really cares about each other.

So with this said, enjoy the site and getting to know the membership here. I've asked people to contribute a few testimonials about the site and their experience being part of this reefing community, which you can read below.
Please do not hesitate to introduce yourself in the general discusion forum, we love to hear from new members.

- jonathan
(edited by MRwidow)

Last edited:

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
1. Great People!!
2. Agree to disagree without hate!!
3. There for each other at all times.
4. Encouragement!
5. Where else do you have these icons available :givebeer::fight2::bunnies:

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
When I first started reefing, I was overwhelmed (as i'm sure most are) by all there is to know about what we once thought was just a simple fish tank. I've seen pictures and read opinions of so many ADVANCED reefers and naturally thought to myself, wow - there is no way I could ever do that. Furthermore, there are so many products, so many methods, so many problems, so many opinions that it becomes difficult to know the right thing to do. I've used the major reef boards on the internet but often found them to be very impersonal.
Ever since I found Manhattan Reefs, I've grown familiar with the members and come to trust the collective opinions of this site. Everything I thought I would never understand, I have eventually learned bite by bite thanks to the wonderful culture we have here on this board.
We aim to maintain the friendly atmosphere of this board to keep reefing educational, but most importantly fun, after all, why else would we subject ourselves to all this if we didnt enjoy it.
Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, you have been officially sucked in!

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Welcome to Manhattan Reefs. Seeing as you've already joined we know that you're well on your way to become an addict. Here you'll find what you can't find with most other reef communities, one really large happy not so organized family. Someones always on this board and always more than willing to help. We do much more than reef here; we hang out, throw parties, play poker, and even go fishing. We're always looking for new victims, I mean friends to suck deeper and deeper into the hobby. You'll also find that most of the time we'd rather not be overly serious, just look at the Reef Griffiti for a few minutes, and you'll see what I mean. Then again, when we have to be serious we always are. Just remember that we have two frags swaps a year plus many more mini swaps inbetween.

By the way if you're a female in the hobby its tough, just ask our fellow member Rori. It's not that you guys can't reef but damn theres a lot of fellas on the board. Yeah we feel bad for her, but not anymore cause she kicked some booty at the poker tournament. So I guess what I'm tryna to say is that if you can kick our booties in poker yous well on ur way. I dont know how this helps with a welcome to a reef site, buts it just one of the many plus's we gots hurr.

Plus in the words of the elustrious Kasei "We is experts!"

Forgot to add that if your a younger reefer like I am most of the guys will let you work for frags,
but some of them take your labor for granted:joke:. Even helping a friend out turns into a fun day, just cause none of us know how to be quiet expect for our very own "Ten word at the Frag swap Tony"

PS. Our next frag swap will be somewhere in NY on a State Street in a Steakhouse that hopefully serves chicken.

Last edited:

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Here's my submission:

"So, you've found Manhattan Reefs.
Do you think you've mistakenly stumble
upon the the best reef community?
I think not.
Give us your huddled base rocks and rubble
and together, we'll make an underwater beauty.

Welcome aboard new members! :) "

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I would like to personally welcome all new members aboard. You can be assured that your experience here will be a pleasureable one. The members of manhattan reefs do not seek to be reef gods or anything of that nature. We are simply a small community of reef friends that are passionate about our hobby. We hold numerous events that help strenghten this special relationship. I think that being local sort of makes this alot easier. Most of the time on other boards, you don't get that sense of familiarity. Here we strive to put a face to the name.

I have been a member since March 2003. I can remember when the site was up and coming. The reason why i am still here is because since day one i knew there was something about this site and it's member's that made it unique. In due time, you will also share with me in this sentiment.

Unlike other boards, the mods here do not seek to purposely censore it's members. We don't make it a habit of banning people. Heck, i can't think of one person that was. But if it does happen, believe me they deserved it!

So take a look around and please join our community. Let's continue the passion that makes this hobby so much fun!

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Oh, and by the way don't forget to "VOTE FOR PEDRO"!

lola

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
just saying hello

hello every1 ;
I found mr by mistake and spent all morning reading the articles found them very interesting and I joined I'm new too the reef stuff so I'm loaded with question hope you dont mind.I will post some pictures when i have some more time ,talk to you guys later

SlamaJama

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.3%
152   1   0
I Welcome you to M.R ....where there is a party all the time...
This is, after all, a Family oriented site....

Attachments

• dave and dave copy.jpg
    dave and dave copy.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 94

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
I Welcome you to M.R ....where there is a party all the time...
This is, after all, a Family oriented site....
hey..... is that me?

if it is that is some funny shitz. but dave looks funny.

WELCOME TO MR......

The reef site that cares. Why? because we just do.........

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: