FlyTekk

KISS KeepItSimpleStupid
Rating - 98.6%
139   2   0
Looking to put together a fish only in my garage. 180g-210. The garage is in the house. Meaning its surrounded by the 2nd and 1st floor. Only the garage door come in contact with the outdoors.

I'm going to do my best to get heating and cooling in there as well as insulate that garage door.

My question is what's the coldest sustained temp and hottest sustain temp for fish only no inverts what so ever.

This way I know what what's my max and minimum.

stbarnabas

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
I converted my garage to fishtsnk room .. Total of my system is close to 1000 gallon and i use 800 watts of heater .. My temp during winter is 72 and since this my first summer it gets to 84 ... I had chiller but i use the fan intead and my temp now is 78 ..

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
It really dpends on how many fish and large the fish are going to be. A lot of fish will cause a need for great oxygen, which with high temp could be a problem. If the tank is very heavyly stocked I wouldn't let the temp go over 82, though you could get the fish to it. As for lower temp, I usually try and keep my fish only tanks around 74-78 trange. Slightly lower, 72-74, would probably be ok too. You could also go with cold water fish too. My friend just setup a basement fish room behind his garage and he had similar issue keeping it warm.

FlyTekk

KISS KeepItSimpleStupid
Rating - 98.6%
139   2   0
So it looks that through experience from you guys I know that 72-74 is minimum range while 82-84 is maximum range.

Last few days the temp outside have been low 80s while in garage have been mid 70's. Guess the airconditioning of the floor above and and walls surrounding help. That plus the cool concrete floor and never a drop of sunlight. ALso I have many clip on fans that can go on there for cooling just in case.

I just hope winters don't become challenging. The main concern will be to insulate the garage door as I can see the light of day bleeding through from the sides. MEans cold air can get in!

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
i think your better off building a wall and man door, about 3-4ft behind garage door. i did in my other house. when i sold it i took it down. you will never seal that door.

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Tell that to the neighbors. I cant access this garage without coming in from the outside. So that door will always be mobile.

AG1000000.jpg

http://www.walkthrugaragedoors.com

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: