Reefcowboy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I have a 48"x24"x16" with a 6 bulb tek. Have about a 50% of lps and sps. Things are growing well, and from past experience, have used 10k bulbs in my tanks with success. Was under the impression that temp was good for sps. I like the sunlight effect, but like everybody else, like better the blue look if that doesnt compromisse the real need of the corals. I notice many people running mostly blue+ with maybe one lower k bulb and their corals look amazing.

Heres my order

Blue+
Purple+
Blue+
Blue+

Wanting to stick with ati bulbs, what conf would you recommend to keep these corals in health and good color while getting more pop/ color...also, switching them right away would have impact on the corals? Should i do it gradually?
Thanks

Reefcowboy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
4 blue +
1 coral +
1 purple+
And change them out 2 at a time over the next few weeks

Got them. Have them in the order back to front:

B+
B+
C+
B+
P+
B+
What a difference...seems like the corals' colors are now photoshopped compared to before...oranges/reds/purples are sick! The pics dont do justice.
Color Popin' all the time...
Wonder if growth though would be good w only 1 white bulb?
The Coral+ is above most of the sps, so those are getting most of lower K direct light...thanks for the tip.. This combo is also listed on the ATI combo recommendations.

Before:

Now(although pics only show a darker blue, the coral + brings lots of white in and makes the tank seem very bright in person)

Last edited:

Jaftica

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Got them. Have them in the order back to front:

B+
B+
C+
B+
P+
B+
What a difference...seems like the corals' colors are now photoshopped compared to before...oranges/reds/purples are sick! The pics dont do justice.
Color Popin' all the time...
Wonder if growth though would be good w only 1 white bulb?
The Coral+ is above most of the sps, so those are getting most of lower K direct light...thanks for the tip.. This combo is also listed on the ATI combo recommendations.

Before:

Now(although pics only show a darker blue, the purple+ brings lots of white in and makes the tank seem very bright in person)

Ati blue plus bulbs put out just about the same amount of par as the white bulbs. Just be carefully you don't burn everything up, you should raise the fixture or clip a few hours off the photoperiod till your corals acclimate to the new light, then add more time as they get used to it

Reefcowboy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Ati blue plus bulbs put out just about the same amount of par as the white bulbs. Just be carefully you don't burn everything up, you should raise the fixture or clip a few hours off the photoperiod till your corals acclimate to the new light, then add more time as they get used to it

Good tip, im also shortening light period so maybe in a few weeks ill start acclimating the corals back to the hours of before...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: