Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Well, my green palythoa empire has taken over the corner of my tank, and there are border skirmishes with my pavona coral, and war coral. They physically take up over a square foot of valuable real estate and was wondering what relatively safe creature I can use.
I'm trying to limit the "feedings" by whatever this creature is to my palythoa and zooanthid, which I can repopulate in the future.

Of course this creature shall not feed on my SPS or LPS.

I've considered camel shrimp, but they'll probably feed on the LPS, though I guess I can move those out.

Also considered the green file fish? but too much trouble for the worry.

What about training pepperment shrimps to eat them? My theory, put them in a separate tank, they go for aiptasia of course, but what if I was to substitute palythoas? sprinkle a little food on the paly, they eat it up, whoops, accidentally nip the paly. Get them to eat the paly with gusto, then put them in the main tank.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
A number of small Angel will eat Palys and Zoas, like a Regal Angel. Also, a Rabbit fish may eat them, but it will probably also eat any Mushroom you have too. The best thing to do it try and remove them by yourself. You can either do that by pulling them off the rock or like I do, taking a scissor and cutting the heads off of them.

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
start taking a blade to them and slicing away. my girl did that with her pink and golds. and now there is no more on that spot and it was a good 8inch spot.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I've been slicing them for years, but the rock work in the area is full of too many irregularities, and they just keep growing back. Sure I reduce the area by like 95%, but those few that are in the cracks just keep growing out. A couple of months later, its full again.
Hmm dwarf angel speciesl? I've always wanted to add an angel, but don't they have finicky diets or can they be trained to onto dry food?
Yes a coral beauty or a flame angle would be very nice indeed.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: