more bang for your buck and less ugly equip in the way of the corals

but since u asked

25 1200's

BB'proved! ;)

LeslieS

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I have a Seio 2600 for trade if you are interested. It has never been used. I am looking for softies or lps in any color but green. There is one other person interested but the distance may be too far. I am located downtown Manhattan - Wall Street area.

OOPS! Just saw FOWLR. So no trading. I may sell it for $60. I am waiting to see if there are any trades first.

DRZL

**ROCKSTAR**
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
whoops my fault,

it was late what can I say? ;)

I would still put a decent amount of flow, a lot of the larger tangs we put in come from highly agitated and oxygenated waters, they enjoy flow. My tang, tunze surfs coninuously.

again im mildly retarded at 3 in the morning

drunktank

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
DRZL said:
whoops my fault,

it was late what can I say? ;)

I would still put a decent amount of flow, a lot of the larger tangs we put in come from highly agitated and oxygenated waters, they enjoy flow. My tang, tunze surfs coninuously.

again im mildly retarded at 3 in the morning

my clown triggers surfs the flow from my return. I think its so amusing to see him swimming in one place, then he dives off the current and goes right back at it. thought it was strange at first.

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
scumonkey said:
Why don't you put together a maxijet 1200 mod....puts out about 2500 gph
and cost under $45
heres a link where you can get the parts and learn how to do it.
http://www.mjmods.com/index.php?main_page=index
They work great and it's easy to do!

Can you direct me to the thread where the GPH number you quoted can be found? Its hard to think a small permanent magnet motor can produce that kind of torque.

jenniebutterfly

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
cali_reef said:
Can you direct me to the thread where the GPH number you quoted can be found? Its hard to think a small permanent magnet motor can produce that kind of torque.

yeah i would like to see that too. i know when kris had his it did produce a lot of flow, but i don't think it was that much. plus it seems like they break alot and need to be fixed quite often

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
jenniebutterfly said:
yeah i would like to see that too. i know when kris had his it did produce a lot of flow, but i don't think it was that much. plus it seems like they break alot and need to be fixed quite often

Agree with Jennie, really doubt the maxijet mod makes it put out anywhere near 2500 gph. When I had it I thought it to be something more like 700gph and that was pushing it.

scumonkey

Goniopora isn't VD!
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Ok, here it is.....
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=900917

ChemE: " If you don't want to pay the bucks for the controllable Tunze, you can go the Maxi-Stream route. MJmods.com can sell you everything you need for under $50 and the MJ1200 spinning the Dumas 3004 will put out somewhere in the neighborhood of 2500 gph".

I don't know if it's true or not BUT.... I took the advice and tried it.
I built the mod where you break out all the original plastic impeller stuff off the magnet. Impeller version 2 http://www.reefchili.com/advanced.html
I filled up the kitchen sink with water and , holding the PH in my hand- turned it on and lowered it into the water....It quickly slammed the back of my hand into the side of the sink (water preassure was that high) and totally amazed me !!!! The flow was wide and felt stronger on my hand than the Tunze 6060. It is also very quiet- I can't even hear it-BONUS!
As for breaking down......I doubt it unless you do a bad job of modding!?!

scumonkey

Goniopora isn't VD!
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I don't believe everything I read on the internet....the proof is in the pudding!
I also don't believe in people who have never tried something- and yet claim they know the facts ;^) which seems to be the norm on a lot of these boards (no, I'm not nameing names).
There must be a way to somewhat accurately calculate the flow from one of these things.....anybody have a way? PLEASE LET ME KNOW - I'll measure and report actual findings!
Regardless-I do know the flow that I am getting is out of this world (for cheap) and I NEVER would have thought that possable.

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
scumonkey said:
I don't believe everything I read on the internet....the proof is in the pudding!
I also don't believe in people who have never tried something- and yet claim they know the facts ;^) which seems to be the norm on a lot of these boards (no, I'm not nameing names).
There must be a way to somewhat accurately calculate the flow from one of these things.....anybody have a way? PLEASE LET ME KNOW - I'll measure and report actual findings!
Regardless-I do know the flow that I am getting is out of this world (for cheap) and I NEVER would have thought that possable.

I can calculate it for you, give me the diameter and the pich on the prop, the RPM it is spinning at and the housing diameter and prop tip clearance. FYI, I have just about tried every mod for my tank..

Last edited:

scumonkey

Goniopora isn't VD!
Rating - 100%
25   0   0

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: