Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am based in Durban, South Africa and was wondering what guys think of some of our rare fish. I will be posting some of my favorites.

Here is one of my favorites Tiger Angelfish. Due to the rarity of these fish and the extremely difficult condition in finding these fish we have to use rebreather at an average depth of about 30m to 70m (100feet to 300feet) and have to contend with rather large sharks and the South African coast is not called the wild coast for no reason. It takes time and dedication and loads of planning to try and find these fish. An average outing would cost about $300 just to see if we are on the right spot. Very elusive fish. We have found a couple to date.

Your comment would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Apolemichthys-kingi.jpg
    Apolemichthys-kingi.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 2,451

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
It does have a unique color pattern ...there are plenty of people here in the states who have the $ for it just to say they have one...

I'm thinking it would be dollars better spent on a peppermint angelfish... JMO...

I've never been fond of fish that come out of Africa. There are the rare few that while plain, they have a certain unique look which adds variety to a tank.
However I would look elsewhere for prettier species.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: