Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After years of dabbling with a FOWLR tank...and then eventually with softies, I finally upgraded my tank/equipment to keep a more robust variety of fish/coral. Although I have time to do basic cleaning, I travel for work a lot and wanted to get someone in to do monthly maintenance (ie,water changes, check/clean equipment, water parameters, etc.).

I have a 190 gallon tank with a 60 gallon MRC sump. Main equipment includes Radion lights,Vortech MP40s for flow, Vertex Alpha 250 skimmer and Vertex reactors for GFO and Carbon.

Any advice on reputable/reasonable places to call for maintenance? Any advice on reasonable monthly cost?

Thanks in advance for your help/opinion!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got them. The Alpha 250 is awesome - I went +1 on skimmer size and it has been great (pulling out lots of skimmate). Only issue with it is you have to make sure you have room for it. It's a "big boy".

For the reactors, I got the Rx-X reactors, which come with their own eheim pumps. So far so good -- but only a few days into them....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: