samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
what is the best products u guys use to buff out the acrylic? and what you guys do with internal scratchs? thanks and deeper scratchs do u guys sand and buff out is that possible? thanks -=)

samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
its not skills that causes hazing. its the length of the polishing, just like black cars with compound marks they are removable. Wha do the polish require hand buffs only? or machine buffing? how many stages do the arcylic polish come with? rough/medium/fine? if u use somthing super fine shouldn't be hazing?? hmmmmmmmmz? and i was goin 200+ gallons so i wanted acrylic i had a 125 custom that the front glass flew off so imma kinda afraid of huge glass tanks now!

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Samster

Is the tank new or use? If it's a used tank, and the scratches are very bad, you probably want to get a professional and let him take out the scratches.

If the tank is new, and you're just worried about how to get rid of internal scratches, when you get them, you can use the kit that Warren mention above, I think that's the one you can use under water. You should also practice on the cover before you try it on the tank itself.

As for scratches, if you're careful they really shouldn't be a problem, and actually you'll probably hardly even notice them, specially on a large tank. You do want to make sure you keep up on cleaning and be very careful with the things you use to clean the front glass.

mmike1992

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
i have a acrylic tank and i am kind of sorry i got it.but it is what it is. there are two things to get. there is a novus three pack paste. and another product called micromesh (kit nc-78-1 acrylic restoral kit) with these two products the tank will be restored to new condition.

samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
i mean its should be the same concept of a wet polished lookin car? the purpose is to sand it till its micro and the finer grid used the shinnier? the outside of the tank is pretty mint just the inside got cleaning scratches. i've read up on novus and micromesh, which is the best products u guys used? i'd just practice on the back side or top before i touch the front and sides. Cuttin and buffing is not really difficult its just you need alot of time and can't really rush it. Anyone know where i can pick up some of these products locally(novus or mircomesh)? i really hate to wait for UPS, however i love to open packages lols its like chrismas only before the CC bill comes in the mail haha lol

thanks for the input guys ohhh yeah and im not looking for a polish to hide scratchs im kinda lookin for products that would actaully take off and cut out the scratchs, so like novus #3 kinda like rubbing compound for a car? novus #2 like a glaze? and novus #1 polish?
and is there any very find grid sand paper u guys use to wetsand the acrylic? thanks alot really appreciate the help - Sam

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: