brick-brothers

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
338   0   0
Hey guys, my carbon doser came in yesterday. Any tips on how to set it up? I have a reef octopus cal reactor still in the box that I plan on putting up when I get home. I'm going to be using coarse media. My sps tank absorbs 7ml of alk daily so far. Not sure if that's enough for the co2 tank to be turn on. Everything is going to be plugged to my apex.

ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
7 ml of alk daily? Do you mean you only add 7 ml of alkalinity solution? I started to use a electronic Carbon do ser with my 65 Gallon tank when i was dosing over 150 ml of calcium and alkalinity. I would just start to run the reactor with out co2 to start then follow the setup instructions for the calcium reactor. The electronic co2 doser really makes calcium reactors simple along with the apex.

brick-brothers

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
338   0   0
7 ml of alk daily? Do you mean you only add 7 ml of alkalinity solution? I started to use a electronic Carbon do ser with my 65 Gallon tank when i was dosing over 150 ml of calcium and alkalinity. I would just start to run the reactor with out co2 to start then follow the setup instructions for the calcium reactor. The electronic co2 doser really makes calcium reactors simple along with the apex.

yes I have small frags, med/large caps and mini colonies at the moment. hopefully they will start to take off and suck in more cal/alk.

ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
Yea. I have found it difficult to tune a reactor if the alkalinity demand was too low. I would end up trying to slow the effluent rate to a few drops which would make it more prone to clogging. I decided to use dosing pumps until my daily consumption increased. What size tank are you running it on?Is it a new tank?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: