Popan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Did you guys know propagation of zoas can lead to death? The while liquid that come out of the zoa (I forgot the name of it) if it seeps into your blood stream it can cause serious illness and possible death. Some of you may already know or is that common sense? is it something to learn early when starting to own reefs? A piece of noob info?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Reefs

Waleedwale1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
It's called paly toxin, most reefers know about it but not all. You should always wear gloves and goggles when fragging. I have gotten that juice into a small cut on my index finger, it swelled up for 3 days but I don't think it was paly toxins. They can also squirt into your eyes.

Popan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Thanks guys for the safety gear heads up I was propagating without gloves and I have excema/dermatitis. My skin on my hand is cracked -.- I think this should be announced to all reefers before they commit the mistake in getting anything from this.

Popan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Thanks for the heads up and Would it make a differemce if it was washed with warm or hot water? I heard its better to wash anything that has to do with the tank with cold water, is that true?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: