Warning! jebao dc pumps

isnyc300

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I recently bought a jebao dc-6000 for my 120 and it has crapped out after 2 months of use. i never even ran it on full power. I woke up and found the controller to be off but the power supply still lit. It has been an extremely disappointing experience. After the pump failed i lost my red sea regal, Borbonious anthias and my freidmani dottyback. that i have had for over 3 years. There has been no response from the company even after countless emails and phone calls. Do yourself a favor and buy a quality return pump.

isnyc300

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Who did you buy from, who is not responding? This is why its always good to have a backup return.
i bought it from ebay. the sellers name was jebaos. i only used it for two months and didnt think i needed to buy a backup yet. Even if i bought it from a local vendor they wouldnt be able to do anything about it. Look at aquarium villages policy.

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I have the DC 9000 and I am having no problems but that being said I bought another one as backup just in case. Why exactly did the fish die if you had heat and water movement?

Too bad for the loses..

d5332

Rating - 96.9%
94   3   0
DC12000 is working fine

sucks your fish died, I kept fish alive for days during the super storm by just splashing the tank water every couple of hours. A backup pump can be a small pump to be used temporarily not necessarily a 2nd DC

cmantis

Rating - 100%
102   0   0
I wonder if it isn't the controller and not the pump. Maybe you can try to borrow one and try.

If it turns out to be the controller I can get you another one.

Last edited:

isnyc300

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Temp change was too fast for my angel and borbonious. Even after I added heater to the display. And oxygen exchange would not be optimal if the mp40s are deeper in the tank opposed to on the surface.