Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Soon I need to move my tank and everything else in my living room to rip up my old wood floor, repair any beams that need fixing and lay down new wood floors.

Any suggestions on keeping everything alive during the move? I have a 180, so moving the tank is going to be a MAJOR hassle. (Well, a hassle for Tim) ;)

This has to happen within the next year. Want it done before the baby starts crawling. So from here to then I need to come up with the $$$. But I want to properly plan things. I was thinking of "borrowing" a 90 Gallon to move over the livestock or getting some rubbermaids. The whole project will take about a week or two at the most.

-Alfred

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Fredo, what about the byproduct of the construction? Major dust from ripping up, sanding a new floor, stain and then coats of clear to harden the surface. I would be more worried about that than anything else for the little one - especially the dust part - also, you may want to consider starting from scratch - I know I would if I had to do a major renovation like that.

Anyhow, let us know if you need help when it comes around.

J

digitalreefer

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Fredo, what about the byproduct of the construction? Major dust from ripping up, sanding a new floor, stain and then coats of clear to harden the surface. I would be more worried about that than anything else for the little one - especially the dust part - also, you may want to consider starting from scratch - I know I would if I had to do a major renovation like that.

Anyhow, let us know if you need help when it comes around.

J

I agree... you should probably find some temproary foster homes for most of the livestock.

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
Maybe theres another room in your house where you can have the tanks with corals sit while you work on the floor?

I'd setup the tank with just the corals on the glass in its temporary location. The live rock can sit in buckets with a powerhead

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I plan on setting up a temporary tank in my spare bedroom/future baby room. I would have to find someone selling a used set-up at the time and "rent it" from them.

In either case, I am more concerned about breaking my corals off of the live rock! All of my pieces have overgrown the plugs/rock bases that they were originally glued to and are covering the rock. I was hoping to remove two or three pieces of live rock with the corals still attached. (Wishful thinking)

Thanks,

Alfred

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: