Toe'Knee

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my 2.5 nano setup for about a month now and I have the Pc light on for about 9-10 hours a day, I have a Peppermint shrimp in the tank with a few blue legs. It seems that I have to clean the front glass every other day just to keep the green algae down. I have some macro algae and some red algae (from foster&smith) in the tank, small amounts which are growning well. I wanted to know what could I add to the tank to take care of the algae on the glass and the rock? I know snails do a good job but what about a sea cucumber/slug? something with some color?

Toe'Knee

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using the RO water (thanx) but I figured since I have so much algae and no fish would a slug be cool in my tank? there isnt anything in the tank to stress it out and he could eat all the algae he wants, even the macro/red. And all the turbo snails I see look too big for my tank, even the ones in the 55 reef at work. I really want to get a slug/cucumber.

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Toe,

I would get a lettuce nudibranch then - only problem is that if they de, it's toxic and can destroy the tank - especially one that small. But if there is enough algea then it should be alright.

BTW - check out what I been up to while on vacation - it's in my photo gallery - finished but not painted this evening.

Peace

House

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: