Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I was just looking in my tank- my ATO system just crapped out on me and I was trying to figure out what happened - and for the 1st time noticed that things really are starting to look old and worn down. My equipment just isn't new anymore! :irked:

I really want to replace my 3 micro Tunze pumps with a single pump that will still create a nice flow throughout my 16 gallon bowfront. My pumps have starfish living in them now and are way too covered in coraline to be working as well as they should! It will also get rid of two cords!

Any suggestions? It can't be too big, and should give a nice even flow throughout the tank for my LPS and softies...

Thanks!

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
yeah but don't you think that would be way too much overkill for my 16g?

the smallest is rated for 40-200g (why they say 'nano' I don't know...)

I was thinking of getting on in lieu of a closed loop system when I upgrade to my 37g - but my 16g?

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
I believe it's called 'nano', because of its size, not the tanks its rated for. But why have tank ratings at all? You can have a 300g tank with low flow and a 16g with high flow.

Your concern should start with how much flow do you want in terms of GPH. Then search for a pump which can provide that for you.

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
thanks - I am looking for moderate flow in my 16g (I keep all LPS and softies)...but if I can I would like to have only one powerhead instead of the three micro tunzes I have...which they don't seem to make anymore.

I would think around 9-11 times turnover per hour... so thats only like 144g/h or a littlemore...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: