jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Anyone notice the 50% increase in prices at FT? The only reason why this store was good is because of the wide variety of livestock at really cheap prices. They were asking $600 for an ugly acan colony!!! Are they under new management or something?

P

Pedro

Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Rich i saw that the other day, i thought i was bugging out. I would love to see the sucker that buys it. Most likely it will just waste away there.

Ask Cherry, he works there. Maybe he's the reason why prices are so ridiculous on the acans, lol.

remy109

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
OMG, I haven't been there for about 4 month, I was planning to pick up some stuff next week too.
Does any one here know if the prices for the Live rocks, hermits and snails gone up too?
I want to try to save myself the trip if they did.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
I was there Sat and one of the guys told me that the wholesellers where charging a lot more and he didn't know why. He told that the Sea Slug, which I think were selling for $23.99, were $14.99 a couple of weeks before. The prices on the fish were still pretty cheap but the corals were differently high.

The funny thing is NW prices have actually been coming down some what.

Last edited:

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I guess some of the fish are still pretty cheap but I saw a mystery wrasse for $179 or $189...don't quite remember. It seems that someone is educating FT to what "rare" or in demand livestock they get :D I wonder who could be informing them:scratchch

drunktank

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
fishtown is a pretty good store. I find their fish selection is rather limited- everything comes in kinda small-medium. Very nice ppl working there. But its so cramped, u literally have to push ppl to get around the store.

The prices probably went up b/c of stuff going on in the industry and the local wholesalers. Either that of their over head went up.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
:lol2: u no whats funny they keep raising prices and us smart people just wont buy.. find a diff. place to buy our stuff... then they are stuck with livestock... (or they will just put the item back to normal pricing) such stupid business thinking...

Mike

Mike
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I,am there every week and notice the increase on the prices of the livestock esp the corals. I need a new place to shop.

reefman

Chairman of the board
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
its supply n demand. we as consumers actually sets the bar on prices on things thats not a necessity. if no one buys, they either close up or lower prices. i wouldnt mind spending good $ on a nice piece. but that hardly seem like the case anymore with ft.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: