Rating - 100%
34   0   0
hey guys i very sad so I've been fighting with Ich in my reef tank and over the last three weeks I've been loosing fish left and right well I'm sad to say that today i lost the last of my fish the only one left is blue devil damsel, and of course all my inverts and corals just wanted to vent gonna start all over again I'm gonna wait until the end of April before i add any more fish this time, also looking to add a UV can anyone suggest a good one to get

Last edited:

brand

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I've heard that you should have at least 28 watts. I've never had fish issues and always had a uv but not sure if that s why. Sorry to hear about your fish ...good luck on next set of fish..

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Sorry to hear. I would take the Damsel out and leave the tank fishless. Damsels are pretty strong and will survive almost anything.
The recommended fallow period is 72 days. Or 10-12 weeks.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
as much as i would like to take the damsel out i can't catch him and don't wanna disturb the corals which are doing well which i also have a theory when i had a tank full of sps i never had a problem with ICH my theory was that they were filter feeding on them since at one point the parasite floats in the water and then is consumed by any filter feeding organisms just my own thoughts

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
as much as i would like to take the damsel out i can't catch him ...
i also have a theory when i had a tank full of sps i never had a problem with ICH my theory was that they were filter feeding on them since at one point the parasite floats in the water and then is consumed by any filter feeding organisms ...

:scratchch ...I also have a theory...you're gonna be posting ANOTHER 'very sad day' thread in a few months!

Why take a chance...remove the damsel!

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
as much as i would like to take the damsel out i can't catch him and don't wanna disturb the corals which are doing well which i also have a theory when i had a tank full of sps i never had a problem with ICH my theory was that they were filter feeding on them since at one point the parasite floats in the water and then is consumed by any filter feeding organisms just my own thoughts

Theory doesn't make sense. You need to get the Damsel out in order for the ich to not have a host. Drain the tank if you have to.

Cibo

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I would be sure on how long the life cycle is and dubble it keep no fish in the tank for the whole time good luck

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: