Mark2480

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
I need to slide my 75 gal two feet so I can redo the wiring and sheetrock behind the tank. Was thinking of removing the corals up top and then emptying it 3/4 of the way and having two people slide it. Think that would work? Any suggestions?

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
remove some water. get sliders from hd. use a pinch bar to raise tank and put slider under stand. they have for wood or carpet floors.
i was able to move my 300 and stand with 2 people on sliders and i moved my 90 with out them, only a few inches. my 300+stand was 700-800lbs.

Mark2480

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
I know it's not something I want to do lol but I have too. Edd i will get the sliders thanks, the tank is on a wood floor. I am trying to avoid breaking down everything twice once to move it and once to put it back.

PHILYD1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I MOVED My 120G across my house, I got 2 Brute pails pumped as much water down as i could, Left fish and corals in there. Used pry bar and put it on 3 pieces of 3/4 Pvc pipe and pushed it right across the house then refilled it, My corals were out of water for about 5-8 Mins, Pumped water back in and i was done!

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
don't drive yourself nuts. I moved a few tanks with the disc movers that you slide under the stand or any furniture. When i had to move my 60 gallon cube out of the way i grabbed my truck jack and a 2x4. I was very careful and made sure nothing wrong would happen. you only have to lift it up very little to slide the disc underneath. As i said be careful and don't drive yourself nuts. Its very easy and I've done it many times with diff. size tanks.

You don't have to empty alot of water to move your tank the way i mentioned. Maybe a few inches at most and you will be fine.. JUST BE CAREFUL :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: