Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottick

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
So I sold JC Lover my harlequin shrimp today. Had it in a cooler in a container inside another container with warm water in a zip lock around the container the shrimp was in. Checked temp every half hour ( was probably in there for 4 hours) with a infared thermometer to ensure water stayed in the 78 degree range. We met up in Manhattan 30th and 6th where he looked at the container and took the shrimp without a cooler of his own. I get a phone call 45 minutes later saying its dead and he wants another one or his money back.

I did everything I could to ensure a healthy animal and he accepted it and left with a great smile on his face. Now I have to "do the right thing as he says.

He after the phone call stating that I'll deal with him after I leave work opens a dispute to PayPal so I believe it was a scam from the get go.

What's everyone's opinions? I held my end of the deal and then some to ensure he got a healthy animal. Picking up live animals in 30 degree weather without a cooler or means to maintain temperature so animal doesn't go into shock is purely irresponsible if you ask me. Let me know if I'm wrong. Thanks MR

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
U are not wrong buddy he should know better. I wouldn't give $$ back.

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
thats some BS. if he Took the Shrimp Knowing it was alive. Then there should be no problem if it were to die cause he put it in his tank or acclimate it the wrong way. Its on him. Your not a store to be doing that. i can understand if it was shipped cause of A DOA every reefer should provide. But if it was alive when you gave it to him, Then no money should be given back. Just my 2cents.

bertyboy69

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Paypals gunna make u give him his.money back lol but i agree you brought them there healthy and warm its up to him to grt them home safe thats like going ti the swap without a cooler and then calling every vendor saying my corals died whrb i got home

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Reefs

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
All stories have 2 sides and they should be discussed via PM, RB phone or email, not in an open forum.

If you have a valid issue with a bad deal with another member feel free to leave them Negative Reefer Ratings, but do not be surprised if they also do the same.

All members should leave RR's when they make both good & bad deals with other members and all members should check the RR's of any member they chose to deal with.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: