grknyer

Official Lurker
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Hey everyone. I need some info on who builds good custom tanks? I'm thinking of upgrading in the near future and I want to start by doing my homework now. The tank I'm looking to have built should be reef ready and made of glass. The measurements I want are 48 X 48 X 30. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
By the way I live on Staten Island

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
There's also a couple of places that buildthem in brooklyn.

DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT go with glass cages. I ordered a tank and they didn't even bother to build it. Nor did they call me and tell me they weren't building it. SO I waited 2 months for nothing.

B

cjdevito

Grue
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I got mine from Ocean Image Aquariums (www.oceanimage.net) and I honestly couldn't be happier with it. Great construction, great workmanship, got exactly what I wanted. Shipping from Phily wasn't too bad either... for the tank + stand it was just $150 on the shipping.

cjdevito

Grue
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Pretty sure they'll do whatever you want if you talk to them. I went with one of their tanks with built-in rear sump, so didn't have them do any real overflows.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: