herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Just wanted to know which fan I should get. My concern is noise. I need a 4" fan that will move lots of air. I was thinking of Icecap - whats everyones experience with them?

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I go with whisper quiet computer fans. I shop at www.newegg.com and it gives you both the decibel rating and the cfm. I'm about to order some so I'll let you know the ones I'm getting.

I'm trying not to order a new laptop so I've been trying to stay off that site. . .

B

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
I used some regular computer fans wired up to an old Linksys adapter. A few RC threads say that computer fans are ok to push air in but you don't want to use them as exhaust. Seems the salty air and fan motors don't play nice. :(

I found that the smaller fans, even the adjustable speed ones, were just loud. Better to use a larger fan running at a lower rpm, it'll be much quieter and push more air then a smaller fan at a higher rpm.

I've had no experience with the icecap fans.

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16811999151

78cfm @21 dBa. if we order 8 or more they're $7 and free shipping.

B, I was really looking at cyberpower when I bought this one. (Acer Ferrari 3200) I might check them out again.

I just put the new version of americas army on this and it's boggin down a bit. I'm getting 25fps when I got 40 on the last version. They just fully integrated the unreal 3 engine. so it's a big fat resource hog. I don't need a new lappy, I just want one!

B

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I get the cheapy $4 ones from canal street. the ones with the voltage setting. If the fan is to loud you can drop the voltage and make it quieter.

However, I just read the reviews on that fan and everyone says they're loud. I'm going to keep looking. Most of the fans are under $10 though.

B

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: