miserkris

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hello.
I'm shipping this red planet colony to Manhattan overnight in a few days.

My question is... will 3 mil bags get poked by the stubby acro ends? Where can I buy those bags in a local store?

Or can I pack this in a screw top dollar store container? what's better?

Thx. ... Kris
adumuraq.jpg
y3atava5.jpg

Last edited:

Sharkbait420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can put it is two bags the a container. The container will act as a back up water holder and prevent it from moving. Stuff the space in between the bah an container with newspaper or something. The best thing I can think of is go to a fish store and see if you can get a styrofoam box they get there fish in.

miserkris

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thx. Looks like I should buy online for 10x20 3 mil bags. Found a store called jehmco in nj. 2-3 bags, tupper ware and tape. Peanuts, newspaper, a 40 hr heat pack, and Styrofoam box.

Btw is one heat pack enough? Gonna do Fed ex over night.

jhart

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I would first get a nice size cut piece of styro and rubber band it to the base , next I would wrap a plastic bag around the coral , this helps from poking thru the back ,next place the coral in a large enough 3mill bag , keep mostly water enough air so the stryo floats to the top , this helps the coral from moving around , double bag it .and then package it so the bag does move around in the box . My 2cents

miserkris

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I found a 1 foot cube cardboard/Styrofoam box.
After bagging in a 3/4 mil bag with some Styrofoam pieces inside. ... I'll tie it, place inside a glad 3.7 liter container close and tape the container. I'll fill the empty space with peanuts .

Gonna check 40hr heat pack after activating, when it's warm I'll loosely wrap in some paper and stick it to the inner lid of box.

Btw ups is the buyer's preferred Carrie r. I'm gonna send Thu so it's there Fri. Ups overnight is $42 around. Ups also guaranteed that ground will also reach Friday. .. to Manhattan from Philly.

I can save a few between both air and ground like $22.

Pls lmk if I missed anything. Also should I poke a hole in outer box for air to get it? Pack needs air to "react"to generate heat!

Thx all. I'll probably stick this along with other shipping threads

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: