Rating - 100%
103   0   0
hi guys i have a achilles tang and he has marine velvet and all ive been doin is feedin him mysis shrimp with garlic extreme and givein also algea strips. i cant afford a qt tank so ive followed my friend advise like he told me and he told me to keep feedin him , the more he eats the more he gets stronger and he fights it off . but now he really lookin bad. the velvet stuff is ugly and i paid 60 bucks for him. can any one tell me what to do with him. do i have to throw him away? people told me when a fish gets velvet consider him dead. thanks guys pls help me .

digitalreefer

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I have a 10 gallon QT if you really need someone to treat him for a bit... it's not ideal, but better than dumping copper into your main tank. If you can't treat him or find someone with a bigger QT, let me know.

Also, the stress of transport might not help... so treat him yourself if you can. Good luck and let me know if I can help at all. It's a beautiful fish... good luck!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: