mmike1992

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
the tank is about a year old. i am going to change around the rocks to a single pillar using pvc . i am also going to thin out the colors to maybe five or six diffrent acros. and use less rock. i have loked around and i feel like that is the way to go it looks more pleasing to the eye any thoughts and comments i have a pic of my tank first and a example of something i will be doing tommorow.
DSC_0047.JPG

5-12-06-full.gif

deelucky

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
the tank looks great as it is imo.but i think you have a good plan for a single pillar and i would look forward to seeing that.thing out the color?does that mean your going to get rid of some?if you do pm me ill take some of those great pieces

S

steveo32

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I fell the same way. I think you tank looks great as is. however the single "pillar'' idea does sound interesting. I think several ledges off the pillar would look great as well.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Mike I like the idea to limit the corals. I will eventually do that to my tank once things grow out more. I will keep 8-10 of my biggest and best corals to really grow out. Since your tank is only a 30gal it will give you a chance to have really big SPS. Go for it :)

mmike1992

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
ok, redid the tank took out about 20 pounds of rock removed the closed loop removed the turbelle powerhead put one vortec in tank. i did remove quite a bit of corals. but not as many as i planned here is a updated pick
DSC_0014.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: