autoponicz

powered by MR
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
wassup...new to manhattan reefs....i been reading alot of interesting stuff here......and thought i'd share my tank with evryone....
basically its a DIY......with a false back and built in filtration/fuge....its 20Lx13Dx11H.....lighted with a tom's pc fixture with 18W 50/50...
right now its just some LR and black sand......after it cycles ill throw in some chaeto in the fuge.....and add some snails/hermit crabs...any suggestions on filtration?......i started with declorinated tap water.....but was thinking of buying r/o water....or would the macro algae be enough?
also looking for some frags..

Attachments

• kelzbdayJimfish068.jpg
    kelzbdayJimfish068.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 63
  • nano12Gacrylic9-10-06.jpg
    nano12Gacrylic9-10-06.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 63
  • 12Gacrylicnanofiltration.jpg
    12Gacrylicnanofiltration.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 63

DonCisco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Great Job, and good to see that I am not the only nano reefer here. You are better off starting your tank the best way possible, instead of dechlorinated water, you should go ahead and either get RO water from a LFS, or spend the extra money and get the Nutri Sea Water, it is on the expensive side, but it does come loaded with live bacteria, beneficial minerals, etc. taht will also reduce your cycle time, so you will be able to start populating your tank faster.
Amazing job by the way.
I have an Aquapod, with a back sump also, I have a small Fission skimmer in one compartment, ceramic rings in the next, nano bio balls and charcoral in the 3rd chamber, and the pump in the last one.

autoponicz